Kind of a light week, but here was what I found interesting:
- History Maps – Learn history of different areas of the world visually though animated maps in addition to text and embedded videos.
- “Don’t be careful, be competent.” ~Tom Cruise
- “The most successful creatives are the most prolific, with their success rate remaining remarkably flat throughout their lifetime. This undermines both the view that slowly-accumulating expertise manifests in better performance and the idea that youthful enthusiasm is central to new ideas. Instead, creative success seems to be largely a function of work ethic.” ~Scott Young, referring to the book Greatness by Dean Simonton.
- quinquagenarian – someone between the ages of 50 and 59
- coddiwomple – to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination
- hagiography – A biography that idealizes the subject
Something to investigate
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking, Cooking book, also check out the Netflix series